Central Office of Administration, Academia Sinica
Tel :886-2-27899408 Fax: 886-2-27853847
The Secretariat Office comprises the divisions of Conference Affairs, Planning and Activities, and Records.
Summary of key duties
1. Conference and Elections Affairs: Organizing the ¡§Convocation of Academicians,¡¨ ¡§Council of Academia Sinica,¡¨ ¡§General Assembly,¡¨ ¡§domestic academician quarterly meetings,¡¨ ¡§meetings of academic and administrative chiefs,¡¨ and ¡§executive meetings,¡¨ as well as holding elections of Academicians, Council Members, President, and Research Fellow Representatives for the General Assembly.
2. Reports and Publications: In charge of presidential office budget reports, responses to written queries, administration reports, and annual budget planning. Preparing medium-range plans, biennial operation summaries, rosters of academicians and appraisers, ROC almanacs, ROC science and technology almanacs, lists of annual research achievements and theses, weekly publication of Academia Sinica Newsletter, and weekly distribution of Chinese/English E-News, Chinese/English multimedia introductions of the institution, Academia Sinica Yearbook.
3. Planning and Activities: Arranging public functions such as the Knowledge Feast, Lectures in Honor of Former Presidents, Open Campus Tours, Art and Cultural Activities, Popular Science Lectures, and other events. Collecting public opinion of Academia Sinica (collating opinions and news relevant to Academia Sinica in the media, and conveying this information to the institutes). Preparing lecture notes (including notes on the moderator¡¦s introduction speech before a lecture, public announcements, etc.), arranging visitors¡¦ receptions, and issuing gifts and cards for social occasions.
4. Information Announcement and Delivery: In charge of the recommendations of academic awards and professional opinions. Managing "Academic Administration,¡¨ ¡§Academic Activities,¡¨ ¡§Academia Sinica Calendar,¡¨ and ¡§electronic bulletins¡¨ on Academia Sinica¡¦s homepage.
5. Official Document Management: In charge of the automation of official documents (documents receiving, verification, distribution, numbering, registration, proofreading, sealing, delivery, electronic exchange, and electronic bulletin announcements, etc.); the revision of document regulations; the affixing/taking custody of official seals; the dispatch of documents; and the management of files (files receiving, archiving, cataloguing, filing, custody, investigating, and lending, etc.).